Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Make a Difference - Eat Chocolate!

I didn't really imagine that I would use my blog to tout other people's sites and products, but I guess it shouldn't surprise me - I LOVE to pass on information to people and see their face light up when they hear about something I recently discovered that they are equally excited about.

So what am I so excited about today?  I received an e-mail from my friend Danielle this morning, touting chocolate with a cause!!  Entrepreneur and dancer Sarah Gross started a vegan chocolate company, and 100% of the proceeds go to animal organizations!!  Her company is named "Rescue Chocolate" (www.RescueChocolate.com) and their tag line is "The Sweetest Way to Save a Life."  My husband adores spicy chocolate bars, so he will be getting several bars of "Pick Me! Pepper" in his Christmas stocking this year - and 100% of the profits will go to helping dogs in shelters, desperately hoping that someone will pick them for a new home.  He will also get some of the chocolate hearts with raspberry ganache filling (vegan ganache - who knew!?) and the proceeds will go to circus animals, lab animals, abandoned exotic pets and other critters who are meant to be in the wild.  Other products, like "Peanut Butter Pitbull," go to help specific animal rescue agencies, in this case pitbull rescue organizations.  You get the idea.

I have never met Sarah Gross, nor do I have any connection with her company.  I just thought that as a chocolate-loving vegan with a big heart for animals, I couldn't let the opportunity pass to tell everyone I can about how they, too, can make a difference by eating chocolate!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought some! What a great idea and thank you for sharing this. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete