Friday, March 4, 2011

Coconut Curry Lentil Soup!

I had a lunch meeting recently, and my clients kindly took me to an organic restaurant that had several vegetarian and vegan options.  The soup of the day was this amazing coconut curry lentil soup.  I went home and tried to re-create it, and surprising no one more than myself, I nailed it!  (I’m not known for my culinary skills!)  Here is the very easy recipe.  Enjoy!



Ingredients:
2 Cups Dried Lentils
3-4 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Can Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes (if you can’t find fire-roasted, you can substitute for regular diced tomatoes)
1 Can Regular Diced Tomatoes
2 Cans Lite Coconut Milk (Use 1 1/2 cans to make it thicker than the photo)
1 t Red Curry Paste

Directions:
Cook lentils in the vegetable broth until almost all the way cooked through, about 40 minutes.
Add all other ingredients and simmer, about 5 – 8 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment